Tax relief on your membership fees

Your membership payments are fully tax deductible.

How to claim back your tax

Contact your local tax office and tell them how much you’re paying in subscriptions. You’ll need your national insurance number to do this. 

If you’re claiming tax relief on other expenses, such as travel or subsistence, visit the HM Revenue and Customs website and download form P87, tax relief for expenses of employment. Subscriptions to professional bodies can be included at section four, ‘other expenses’.

NAHT Edge is a section of NAHT which appears on the HM Revenue and Customs list under ‘head teachers, national association’.